Thiya Welfare Association (TWA) a Non Political, Cultural and Charitable Association rendering charitable services in the field of social, cultural, educational and poverty elevation. TWA provides scholarships, educational aids to the deserving and economically backward students in Mumbai and other places of the country. Of late, TWA has started rendering Services for medical aids for the economically poor members of the community. In addition, TWA has extended help and co-operation to the economically weaker sections of Thiya community.
TWA has Chalked out Programme for the same with the help of our community member’s and friends.
To bring our community members closer and to demonstrate our collective Stength, we have been Counseling them through Services and Programmes.
Within a year TWA has started publication of a Kannada / English Monthly Newsletter named “Thiya Samachara” which aims to reach every Thiya member and have also allingned with another Kannada magazine “Kadala shrishti” published from Kumbla, Kasargod dist for the benefit of TWA members and friends in south. To become a member and receive your free copy send your request through JOIN IN page.
TWA – Education Committee Mission Statement, Objectives and Values
Mission Statement: To Catalyse Socio-economic change in our community through education of underprivileged children
Objectives: TWA is dedicated to bring change in community by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change.
- To Provide education to underprivileged children of our community
- To Provide opportunities to individuals living in India and outside India, who wish to participate and contribute to this noble cause of up-liftment of the underprivileged children of our community.
- Spirit of Volunteerism – We expect volunteerism spirit inside every youth
- Zero overhead on donations – There are no overhead expenses on any Donations
- Non-Discriminatory – No discrimination or favoritism is tolerated
- Collective Decision Making – Decision is taken collectively in our monthly committee meetings
- Decentralized Accountability – All accounts are independently decentralised in TWA, Mumbai
- Non-political and non-religious. – TWA is a non political and non religious organisation and is not biased nor promotes any political or religious activity.